Mortar pointing is a process of restoring the strength and durability of a masonry structure, such as a brick wall, by replacing the old mortar joints between the bricks with fresh mortar. It involves carefully chiseling out the old, deteriorated mortar and then troweling in a new mortar mix to create strong and durable joints. An experienced mason is typically needed to do a proper job of mortar pointing, as it requires a good eye for detail and a steady hand.
Here are 5 reasons to mortar point your home today:
- Mortar pointing can increase the value of your home. Properly maintained mortar joints can improve the overall appearance of your home, making it more desirable to potential buyers.
- Mortar pointing can prevent moisture from entering and damaging the interior of your home. By keeping water from seeping through the joints, mortar pointing can help maintain the structural integrity of your home.
- Mortar pointing can save you money in the long run. By preventing weather damage, you can avoid costly repairs down the line.
- Mortar pointing can increase the efficiency of your home. Properly sealed mortar joints can help reduce drafts, keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Mortar pointing can extend the life of your home. By maintaining your mortar joints, you can help protect your home from the elements and prevent it from deteriorating over time.
for more information about mortar pointing Click here. Federation Tuckpointing® provides brick restoration services and specialist mortar pointing across Perth, get in touch with our expert team on (08) 9242 2952 today.